All-rounders will play a vital role in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021. All-rounders keep a good balance for any given team and when they can chip in with both bat and ball, they can win matches at will.
Recently, in an interview with Betway Keshav Maharaj, the South African all-rounder, described the makeshift setup for the Proteas as ‘not ideal’, but is also working to make the best of this unusual preparation.
Check out our five all-rounders we think will shine in the Tournament.
5 All-rounders to look out for in ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021:
1. Wanindu Hasaranga- A sensation in white ball cricket, Wanindu Hasaranga has proved his skills time and over again in the recent years. He was clinical in the qualifying matches and recently bowled a terrific spell of 3 overs against the Netherlands, picking up 3 wickets for just 9 runs. He was promoted to number 5 in the match against Ireland and scored 71 runs in just 47 balls. With the ball, he gave away just 12 runs and picked up 1 wicket. Hasaranga has shown why he is an indispensable part of this Sri Lankan unit. He is definitely one of the all-rounders to look forward to in ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.
2. Ravindra Jadeja (India)- Ravindra Jadeja has improved his batting by a great degree in the last 3 years. His performances for Chennai Super Kings in the recently concluded IPL 2021 are just a testament for his unmatchable skills. Ravindra Jadeja is an indispensable part of the Indian lineup. He not only bowls and bats well but is an incredible fielder too. He can definitely change any given match just on the basis of his fielding ability. He will provide a lot of stability with the bat as well as death overs hitting belief to his team.
3. Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan)- Mohammad Nabi will be leading the Afghanistan T20 side in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021. He is a terrific all-rounder who is known for his ability to contain the sides with his tight bowling in the powerplay overs. Mohammad Nabi delivered a great bowling performance against West Indies in a warm up match. He picked up 3 wickets for just 2 runs in his spell of 4 overs. Nabi is also capable of hitting the long ball with ease. If the team doesn’t do well in the first phase of the innings, Nabi can always take up the responsibility of taking his team to a safer passage.
4. Glenn Maxwell (Australia)- Glenn Maxwell is an important player in the T20I format for the Aussies. He carries an average of 31.78 with the bat and has picked up 31 T20I wickets so far. Maxwell is very familiar with the pitches in the UAE and has an experience of silencing the opposition with the ball in the recently conducted ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021. If Maxwell’s scoops and reverse sweeps come into play, the opposition teams will find it hard to get past him.
5. Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)- Ranked number 2 in the ICC Men’s T20 rankings list, Hasan is an important player for Bangladesh. He was very economical in the qualifiers and troubled the batsmen with his change of pace. Shakib al Hasan can also change the direction of the match with his batting skills. He bats confidently at a good strike rate and if he gets going, the opposition teams will find it tough to negate his magnificence.